The Tech-20 Infrared Asphalt Heater allows you to repair damaged asphalt and pavement blemishes in virtually any weather through any season. The Infrared Rays produced penetrate quickly and deeply which softens the asphalt layer without burning or oxidizing. By then raking in new hot material as needed, proper compaction will provide for a thermal bond to be created to the surrounding asphalt. This ensures a quality, permanent repair.
- Bonds old and new asphalt for permanent joint-free repairs.
- Fuel Efficient, easy to operate.
- Eliminates removal of old asphalt.
- Low maintenance, proven reliability.
- Restores asphalt regardless of season.
- Exclusive Ray-Tech Infrared Converters assure years of fast trouble-free heating.
Machine design is to provide an infrared heating system capable of heating a 4′ x 5.5′ area of asphalt pavement without burning or damaging asphalt. The single axle trailer with an 8″ swivel caster wheel mounted on the bottom of the jack allows for ease in positioning of the unit.
- The infrared is created by premixed gas and air delivered under pressure to energy converters. Infrared does not flame or alter the binding characteristics of asphalt.
- The unit is a single system and can be fired in any position from vertical to horizontal.
- The system consists of three (3) high efficiency, long life alloy converters.
- Vented and reinforced 16 gauge stainless steel 4′ x 5.5′. Support structure primed and finished with high heat aluminum paint.
- The reflector chamber is raised and lowered by a heavy-duty worm drive gear box and a 24 volt heavy duty sealed for life motor.
- Switches on each side of machine for convenient operation. This custom built winch is backed by a 10-year warranty from Ray-Tech. Fuel
- 100% Propane gas in two (2) 100 lb. cylinders. Vapor withdrawal only. Cylinders not supplied with unit.
- The system consists of gas fed from two (2) 100 lb. cylinders through excess flow checks connected to high-pressure gas hose with reusable fittings. Reduced to 11″ water column by a two stage regulator. Gas passed through a 24V solenoid valve and controlled by limiting orifice valve. Highpressure gas hose with reusable fittings connects to a 24V long life brushless motor/blower. The system consumes 9,000 BTU’s per square foot maximum. Power
- The heavy-duty 24V system powered by (4) 220 amp 6V batteries wired in series for deep power reserves, will assure rapid high production heating. Built in 24V battery charger.
- The system consists of a pressure switch controlling solenoid valve.
- Interior safety switch, weatherproof outside master switch, weatherproof 110VAC receptacle for charger and safety switch for chamber winch. Mounting
- 2,000 lb. Round axle – leaf spring suspension.
- 4.8 x 12 heavy-duty tires. •Male 7-Pole truck connector.
- Signal, stop and running lights.
- 3″ x 4.1 channel base frame with heavy-duty nose plate (9 position).
- 3″ ID tow ring, two 3/8″ safety chains with 3/8″ heavy duty grab hook.
- 3″ x 4.1 channel cross members.
- 1/8″ diamond plate formed fenders.
- 12 gauge cylinder platform on 3″ channel.
- 12 gauge battery box reinforced with 2″ angle iron corners and deck.
- Reinforced 3″ channel winch post.
- Stranded core stainless steel winch cable.
- 2″ angle iron frame for securing reflector chamber.
- Length (traveling): 8′ – 4″
- Length (Working): 14′ – 4″
- Width: 5′ – 8″
- Height: 8′ – 0″
- Chamber length: 5.5′ – 0″
- Chamber width: 4′ – 0″
- Weight (without fuel) 1,200 lbs.
- Gross Weight: 1,500 lbs.