The personal health and safety of each employee is of primary important to us. As a company, we are committed to providing active leadership and complete support in creating a safe workplace, and in the implantation of our Health & Safety program. We have created our Health and Safety Program to surpass industry standards for organizations such as ours, in addition to conforming to legislative requirements.
To be successful, our program must start with the proper attitudes towards, accident, injury, and illness prevention on the part of both supervisors and employees. It also requires co-operation in all safety and health matters not only between supervisor and employee, but also between employees and their co-workers. Only through such a co-operative effort can a safety program for all employees be established in their best interests.
Our objective is a Health and Safety Program that will prevent the occurrence of workplace accidents, injuries, and illnesses. Our goal is ZERO accidents, injuries, and illnesses.
Our Health and Safety Program Includes:
- Compliance with all Occupational Health & Safety Legislation
- Written policies, practices and procedures as a resource to educate and protect workers
- Inspections and Hazard Assessments to identify and eliminate unsafe working conditions and practices
- Hazard control, to the maximum extent possible, through hazard elimination, engineering controls, administrative controls, and personal protective equipment.
- Training all employees in general safe work practices and job-specific procedures
- Developing and enforcing safety and health rules and requiring that employees cooperate with these rules as a condition of employment.
- Investigating every incident and accident promptly and thoroughly, to find out what caused it to correct the problem so it will not happen again.
- Monitoring to ensure effectiveness of the Health & safety Program through inspections and audits.
- Documentation to identify trends, and confirm corrective actions are implemented in a timely manner.
We recognize that the responsibilities for implementation of our Health & Safety Program are shared:
- Management accepts responsibility for leadership of the program, for its effectiveness and improvement, and providing the safeguards required to ensure safe work conditions.
- Supervisors are responsible for developing the proper attitudes towards accident, injury and illness prevention in themselves and those they supervise, and for ensuring that all operations are performed with the utmost regard for the health and safety of those all involved.
- Employees are responsible for wholehearted, genuine cooperation with all aspects of the Health & Safety program, including compliance with all rules and regulations, and for continually practicing safety while performing their duties.
Development of our safety program is ongoing and will include:
- Management and employees working together to ensure that our safety program is up-to-date and applicable to the daily tasks we perform.
- Continual development of new procedures and job procedures to ensure the safety of all members of our team.